SonarTRX Online Store
SonarTRX Pro (x64) Annual subscription
Note: By purchasing the annual subscription license for SonarTRX Pro (x64), a download link for the program installer is provided via email. The product license on the license key will be valid for 1 year after license key activation. The annual subscription includes all minor and major updates to SonarTRX within the subscription period. Example: If a customer purchase the annual subscription for SonarTRX v22 towards the end of 2022, the v23 upgrade can be provided at no charge, if released within the subscription period.
SonarTRX Pro (x64) Annual subscription w/PlusPack v2A
Note: By purchasing the annual subscription license for SonarTRX Pro (x64) with PlusPack v2A, a download link for the program installer is provided via email. Please see the Products page for information about PlusPack v2A. The product licenses on the license key will be valid for 1 year after license key activation. The annual subscription includes all minor and major updates to SonarTRX within the subscription period. Example: If a customer purchase the annual subscription for SonarTRX v22 with PlusPack v2A towards the end of 2022, the v23 upgrade of corresponding products can be provided at no charge, if released within the subscription period.
Upgrade to v22
Upgrading SonarTRX typically requires that the activated Sentinel SL key (node-locked digital certificate) or Sentinel HL key (USB dongle) is available and functional, so it can be updated with the new product license. If the key is located, and functional, please send an email to email@example.com and ask for a quote. Please see below for information about how to locate keys and verify that they are functional.
If the Sentinel SL key cannot be located on any of the computers previously used for SonarTRX, or if the Sentinel HL (USB dongle) is lost, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding special offers for purchasing a new SonarTRX Annual Subscription license.
Special note regarding upgrade from v22.1 to v22.2: Starting with the v22.2 release, new licenses were issued as Annual Subscription licenses. However, customers who purchased SonarTRX v22 prior to the v22.2 release can be updated to v22.2 at no charge, without switching to the Annual Subscription license model. Please contact email@example.com.
Locating license keys – for upgrades and Sentinel SL key transfers: On a computer that has SonarTRX and licensing system installed, the Sentinel Admin Control Center (Sentinel ACC) can be used to view a list of license keys on the local computer. Sentinel ACC can be viewed by opening the link below with the computer's browser:
Upgrade-criteria for Sentinel SL vs. Sentinel HL key types:
- The activated Sentinel SL key must show up in the Sentinel ACC's list of keys, typically on the computer where SonarTRX was most recently used. The Key ID of the activated Sentinel SL key is normally the same as the name of the *.V2C file issued, when the license-activation was purchased. The Key Type of the activated Sentinel SL key is typically displayed as: "HASP SL AdminMode Rehostable". The Sentinel ACC must not indicate that the Sentinel SL key is in a "Cloned" status, or have any other issues with secure storage. If the Sentinel SL key has been "rehosted" (moved/transferred) to another computer, please launch the Sentinel ACC on the other computer and confirm that the Sentinel SL key is listed there. If the activated Sentinel SL key is missing, it cannot be updated.
- USB keys (Sentinel HL) must be in available and functional, in order to qualify for the upgrade pricing. When connected to a computer that has SonarTRX and licensing system installed, the USB key must show up in the Sentinel ACC's list of keys and be in good status (i.e. no red warnings etc.)
If older versions of the SonarTRX program is able to run in licensed mode, on the computer with the Sentinel SL key, or on the computer where the Sentinel HL key is connected, the Sentinel SL/HL key used by SonarTRX can normally be updated without issues.
If in doubt about the licensing system, or status of the Sentinel SL/HL key, first make sure the Windows operating system is fully updated via Microsoft Windows Update. Then download and upgrade the Sentinel HASP/LDK Run-time environment to the latest generic version from Thales Group, as described in the SonarTRX FAQ - QA #12. Having done that, please check again if the license-key shows up in the updated Sentinel ACC and run SonarTRX to confirm that it can access the product feature-licenses on the license key.
In the case of Sentinel SL keys, upgrading or refreshing the licensing system by running the most recent generic version from Thales Group will often resolve problems due to issues between the Windows operating system and the licensing system (Sentinel HASP/LDK Run-time environment.)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there are further questions or to request a discount on a new purchase.
General purchase information
Accepted payment methods include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or a PayPal account. To pay with a credit or debit card, without a PayPal account, please click on the "Don't have a PayPal account" link to proceed as a PayPal guest (when asked to log on to a PayPal account during checkout)
What is included in the purchase?
- The installation program for SonarTRX can be downloaded immediately after making the purchase. No CD of the software is shipped, so please make a backup copy of the downloaded files and archive for future use.
- The standard purchase includes activation of one Sentinel SL-type license-key. In the case of a subscription purchase, the license key may contain product-features with an expiration date. Activated Sentinel SL keys are essentially "node-locked" digital certificates bound to a specific computer, via the computer's hardware & operating system disk "signature". SonarTRX and the licensing system can be installed on multiple computers, but the program can only run on the computer that has the activated license-key. Activated Sentinel SL keys cannot simply be copied between machines, but needs to be "re-hosted", based on the "signature" (*.ID file) of the destination computer. This is done via a 3-step procedure, using the Remote Update System (RUS Utility program), which is included as part of the SonarTRX installation.
- The SonarTRX-PlusPack purchase includes instructions for how to initiate the process of updating the existing Sentinel SL or HL key with the PlusPack product license. (The PlusPack product license will be added to the Sentinel SL or HL key that holds the product license for SonarTRX itself.) For SonarTRX subscription products, the PlusPack is typically purchased along with the SonarTRX subscription. If PlusPack is to be added to an existing subscription later on, the subscription period for SonarTRX itself must also be extended.
- The SonarTRX and PlusPack product licenses are not configured to allow use in a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop environment. The program is only for use locally, on the phycical computer that has the activated Sentinel SL key installed or the (USB) Sentinel HL key connected.
Download and installation instructions
After making a purchase of SonarTRX, a download link will be sent via email. Downlad the file and archive for future use. The downloaded file is a *.zip file that can be uncompressed by the operating system, or with free tool such as 7-Zip or WinZip. The downloaded file for SonarTRX contains the installation program (*.msi) and a "readme-installation.htm" document with detailed instructions.
In brief, the installation is a 3-step process:
- Step 1: Install SonarTRX, using the downloaded installation program (*.msi). Preferably, install for all users on local computer.
- Step 2: Install SonarTRX licensing system as Administrator, via Windows Start menu shortcut: Search the Windows Taskbar for the term: Install Run-time Environment (Sentinel LDK). Right-click shortcut and select to Run as administrator.
- Step 3: Perform required steps to get the activated Sentinel SL key issued and installed: This involves using the Remote Update System (RUS utility program) to generate a *.c2v file from the computer and emailing the file to: email@example.com. The activated Sentinel SL key will then be issued in the form of a license update file (*.v2c), returned via email, typically witin 24-48 hours. The v2c file can then be applied to the machine with the RUS utility, or the Sentinel ACC, in order to install the activated Sentinel SL key (node-locked digital certificate). Information about use of the RUS utility program can be found in Section 6-9 of the readme-installation document.
Returns and refunds policy
Downloadable software products from SonarTRX.com are not returnable for refund after purchase, unless specified below:
- SonarTRX offers a 100% refund, less $15 processing fee, on PlusPack v2A, within 30 days of purchase, provided that the buyer has not yet submitted a C2V file for initiating the license-key activation, or license-key update.
- SonarTRX offers a 50% refund on SonarTRX Pro and other editions, within 14 days of purchase, provided that the buyer has not yet submitted a C2V file for license-key activation, or license-key update.
- SonarTRX does not accept returns of SonarTRX Pro or other other editions, after buyer has submitted a C2V file for license-key activation, or license-key update.
A refund can be requested by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, within the required number of days from date of purchase. Please provide the date of the transaction and the name and email of the person making the purchase.